Many Consumers seem to ask us off and on, “How do I know if my air ducts need to be cleaned?” That’s why we are here with this blog to get you aware of the early indications. Indoor air quality affects your comfort level to a very great extent. It is necessary to be aware of this because it can affect everything that goes on inside your home. Short-term exposure to bad indoor air quality can offer itself in various ways. Long-term air quality can potentially be menacing. Here are some signs that tell you your air ducts should be cleaned or repaired.
Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning
- Clogged vents: The sign that tells you the cleaning of your air ducts is clogged vents with dirt and debris. In case, you notice any dust or filthiness on different surfaces of your home, it is a signal of your ducts need to be cleaned. The more you delay the cleanliness, it becomes filthy with dirt.
- Grimy air filter: The unclear air filter is also a sign of duct cleaning. When you see your air ducts do not provide you with good air quality and resist the cool and warm air from coming through this indicates that now your air ducts require cleanliness.
- Unpleasant odor: One more sign to indicate that your air duct needs cleanliness is the unpleasant odor that your ducted heating system releases. When you notice a bad odor or do not find any way where it comes, this time check your ducted system. You will know there is a problem in your system and it requires a lot to clean.
- Mildew and mold: The old dust and debris result in mold and mildew that become the reason for damage to the system. This dust stays on the ducts and the air pushes and pulls it through the cool and warm air. In some cases, it appears as mold which is the best sign to clean your system.
- Presence of pests in the home: The presence of small pests in your home is also a sign to clean your ducts. The smaller pests that are very tiny in size sometimes invisible, make their way to small pores through the pressure of air your ducted system releases. In this way, they entered the ducts and cause severe debris there. If you notice them, you should need to clean your system.
What Happens When You Don’t Clean Your Air Ducts?
Everything wants cleanliness at a specific time. Your air ducts are one of them. A careless homeowner faces some difficulties because of not cleaning the air ducts on time. These difficulties are as follows;
- Dirty air ducts create a filthy indoor environment.
- It can cause allergies, sore throat, and other serious health-related issues.
- Grimy ducts cause a bad smell in the whole house.
- Dirty air ducts are inhabited by insects and rodents. Filthy air ducts reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system.
What Should I Do If I Find Out That My Air Duct Is About To Be Cleaned?
Duct cleaning is not an easy process. It takes a lot of time and effort to clean all the debris and dirt from them. Home ducts cleaning is risky because it damages your hands and the ducts as well. So, it is recommended to call the professionals for this service. They are experts in their work ad have tools that professionally help them to do their work with care. It is better to call them for duct cleaning.
Keeping in mind all the signs of duct cleaning you must take proper care of your ducted system. You should arrange for your ducts to be cleaned before they become extremely dirty. So that neither the health of your home is affected by the spread of the disease nor do you need to spend more money.